While employed by the New York County District Attorney’s Office and Martin Clearwater & Bell, Mr. Dopf obtained extensive experience in civil and criminal litigation. He has litigated major actions to conclusion in both State and Federal Court as a partner at Kopff, Nardelli & Dopf LLP.
- LL.M., International Law, New York University School of Law, 1983
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1979
- B.S., Fordham University, cum laude, 1975
- Member, American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Bar of the State of New York, 1980
- Member, Bar of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 1980
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1980
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1980
- Member, Bar of the United States Court of International Trade, 1981
- Member, Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, 1983
- Biographee, Who’s Who in American Law, Sixth through Fourteenth, Eighteenth Editions, Nineteenth Editions
- Biographee, Who’s Who in America, Fifty-Fourth through Sixty-Eighth Editions, Seventieth Edition
- Biographee, Who’s Who in the World, Twentieth through Thirty-Second Editions
Legal Employment History
Member, June 2012 – Present
Kopff, Nardelli & Dopf
Member, February 1982 – May 2012
Martin Clearwater & Bell
Associate, January 1980 – September 1981
New York State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Program, “How to Handle a Neck and Back Injury Case,” December 4, 1998.
- New York Area’s Best Lawyers, New York Magazine, 2006-2022
- New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2007-2022
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated Attorney, 1985 through 2022
- Associate Editor – Medical Legal for the American Urological Association
- “Selected Topics in Damages in Personal Injury Actions,” Proving and Defending against Damages in Personal Injury Litigation, Practising Law Institute, 1993.
- “Trial Practice: Evidence and Witnesses” (Chapter 14) and “The Collateral Source Rule” (Chapter 18), Medical Malpractice in New York, New York State Bar Association, 1993.
- “Medical Malpractice Case Management in Discovery: A Defense Perspective,” Fundamentals of Medical Malpractice Litigation, Practising Law Institute, 1992.
- “Modern Trends in Obstetrical Malpractice,” Journal of the Bellevue Obstetrical & Gynecological Society, Vol. VIII, Spring, 1992.
- “Handling Your First Medical Malpractice Case,” Practicing Law Institute, 1991.
- “Trial Practice in a Medical Malpractice Case: A Defense Perspective,” The Management and Trial of a Medical Malpractice Case, Practising Law Institute, 1990.
- “People v. Plummer, et al.: Psychomotor Epilepsy – The Defense Fails,” The New York Journal of Epilepsy, Volume 1, Number 3, 1980.
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Annual District II Meeting, “How To Avoid a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit.”
- Master Class in Jury Selection, Suffolk Academy of Law.
- American College of Surgeons.
Clinical Congress, Washington, DC.
- New York State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Annual Meeting.
- American College of Surgeons, Clinical Congress, San Francisco, CA.
- “Liability of Psychiatrists in Physician-Patient Relationships,” The Society of Medical Jurisprudence, Lenox Hill Hospital.
- “Obstetrical Malpractice, “Visiting Professor – Grand Rounds, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- “The Adverse Neurosurgical Event.”
- “Visiting Professor – Grand Rounds, Neurological Institute of the City of New York at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- “Defending Alleged Neurosurgical Malpractice Claims, “Visiting Professor – Grand Rounds, Neurological Institute of the City of New York at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- “Issues Involving Allegations of Pathology Malpractice,” Association of Directors of Anatomic and Surgical Pathology, Primary Guest Lecturer, Chicago, Illinois.
- “Economic Damages From a Defense Perspective,” Practicing Law Institute.
- “The Obstetrical Malpractice Suit,” Grand Rounds, New York University Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- “Handling Your First Medical Malpractice Litigation: From a Defense Perspective,” Practicing Law Institute.
- “Medical Malpractice Litigation, “Grand Rounds, Memorial Hospital-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- “Defending Oral & Maxillofacial Malpractice Claims,” New York State Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Annual Conference.
- “The Management and Trial of a Medical Malpractice Case,” Practicing Law Institute Seminar.
- “Toxic Torts from the Standpoint of Defense Counsel for Physicians,” International Bar Association 21st Biennial Conference.
For more information please contact: