Maria Elyse Rabar, who practices in the New York City metropolitan area, has defended medical malpractice cases for more than thirty years. A highly-respected trial attorney, Ms. Rabar has successfully taken well over forty cases to verdict. Her work has covered a broad range of medical areas, including birth injuries, diagnosis of cancer, and a variety of surgical procedures.
Ms. Rabar has received wide recognition for the New York Law Journal Medical Malpractice Litigation Column that she co-authored for more than a decade. She also serves as a member of the Board of Directors, and is the former President, of the New York State Medical Defense Bar Association, where she is involved with legislative initiatives as well as other more practical considerations relating to medical malpractice litigation.
A former member of the firm of Gordon & Silber, P.C., Ms. Rabar has more recently been affiliated with several law firms in an ‘Of Counsel’ capacity.
- University of Rochester, B.A., cum laude, 1973
- George Washington University, J.D., 1976
Legal Employment History
Of Counsel, June 2012 – Present
Kopff, Nardelli & Dopf LLP
Of Counsel, January 2001 – May 2012
Gordon & Silber, P.C.
Member, 1987 – 1995
Gordon & Silber, P.C.
Associate, 1980 – 1986
- Member, Bar of the State of New York (1978)
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court
Southern and Eastern Districts of New York (1980)
- Northern and Western Districts of New York (1989)
- Member, American Bar Association (Litigation, Tort and Insurance Practice Sections)
- Member, New York State Bar Association (Trial Lawyers, Health Law Sections)
- Member, New York State Medical Defense Bar Association (President, 2000-2001; Board of Directors, 1996–)
- Medical Malpractice Litigation Column (co-author), New York Law Journal, 1994
“Analysis of the Untoward Result,” Medical Malpractice: Handling Plastic Surgery Cases, Robert L. Cucin, M.D., Shepherd’s/McGraw-Hill, 1990
New York Law Journal, 1994 through 2005
- American Bar Association (Program Chair)
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company
- New York University Department of Dermatology
For more information please contact Partners: